We are now up to the letter “Y” in our “Creative Thinking Kick Start: 26 Ways to find Innovation Inspiration and New Ideas” book series.
Y is for Yoga as it applies to Yoga Business Success Secrets. YOGA is America’s fastest growing form of exercise. It’s believed that YOGA has been around in some form for more than 5,000 years. Although YOGA was first introduced to the U.S. in the late 19th century, it took until the 1960’s – 1980’s for it to become a more popular form of exercise.
Bill Harper of Yoga Journal said that the number of people actually doing YOGA has been the biggest change to the YOGA industry in the past five years. In 2007, the number of people participating in YOGA was 10 million. The latest MRI data from the fall of 2011 shows 14.5 million people participating in YOGA, that’s a 45 percent increase from the previous year, and a 225 percent increase since 2001, with spending at nearly $6 billion a year on classes and products.
So you are probably wondering how YOGA is going to inspire you to innovate for new ideas. Well, it sounds like there is something here worth diving into. We believe we can uncover some Yoga Business Success Secrets to help you with innovation and marketing initiatives. So take a leap of faith with me for a few minutes, and let’s dissect the YOGA trend and its benefits and associations so we have some springboards to work with.
YOGA is defined as:
• A school of Hindu philosophy advocating and prescribing a course of physical and mental disciplines for attaining liberation from the material world and union of the self with the Supreme Being or ultimate principle
• A series of postures and breathing exercises practiced to achieve control of the body and mind, tranquility, etc.
It might be helpful to provide a short explanation of the YOGA principles so we can more easily break it down into usable pieces of information for innovation inspiration.
People practice YOGA to tap into Prana, the life force or creative energy that permeates the universe at all levels and makes it possible to live freely, effectively, and joyously. So here are some things we can work with – creative energy and joyously. Who doesn’t want products or services that help us experience creative energy and/or bring joy to our lives. Does your product do these things for your customers? If so, how can we take it up a notch? If not, how can we inject creative energy and/or joy into your product proposition?
It is said that vigor, power, vitality, life and spirit are all forms of Prana. All of these attributes could be considered desirable by any brand when thinking about Yoga Business Success. Let’s check-out a few brands that have the “brand essence” of Prana and are using these principles for their very own Yoga Business Success to establish themselves as potential YOGA-like brand examples.
– Lenovo’s Yoga Tablet – A partnership between Lenovo and Ashton Kutcher was announced this past October, 2013. David Roman, Lenovo’s chief marketing officer identified the star as a “super user” and states, “Mr. Kutcher is helpful to us in defining products and experiences that consumers want.”
Lenovo is now the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S. and No. 1 in the world, according to Gartner and IDC. Younger consumers are a key factor in Mr. Roman’s strategy to build Lenovo into a power brand. The group will become especially important to Lenovo as it launches more cutting-edge products and readies a smartphone for the U.S. Ashton Kutcher brings than 15 million fans on Facebook and a roughly equal number of followers on Twitter, along with a social media Klout score of 89 to help make the YOGA tablet a power brand among this target. Remember a key principle of YOGA is power, so this appears to be on strategy.
– Apple – We could argue that Apple is all about creative energy, joy, power, vitality, etc. – all the attributes of YOGA wrapped up in their entire product line. How can your brand bring these YOGA attributes to life through the entire customer experience? Yes, design is a huge contributing factor to the execution and brand success, especially when it comes to technology brands, but it’s just as important for any brand out there. All elements of the experience need to be thoroughly thought out and explored for maximum impact.
– Unilever – This leading global consumer goods company has many products in the home, personal care & foods industries, enjoying a global #1 position in 8 categories. Unilever’s corporate mission statement is Unilever’s mission is to Add Vitality to Life. Specifically, it states “we meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good, and get more out of life.” Remember another key principle of YOGA is Vitality, and Unilever is making sure all of its brands are embracing this Vitality mission.
Although there are many more brands that have the attributes or principles of YOGA, we think you get the point. And even though YOGA attributes is a tough one to work with, we hope you understand the importance of these attributes and/or principles to your customers and seek ways to incorporate them into your product line for your own Yoga Business Success.
So what’s next? We encourage you to do one of three things: 1) Leave a comment at the bottom of this page so we know if we are providing helpful information to you, 2) Sign up for our FREE Report in the box at the upper right of the page and get on our subscriber’s list, and 3) Pick up the phone and give us a call. We WANT to help you succeed with your innovation efforts. Being stuck for answers can hold you back and we know there has to be something on your mind. How many people will give you their time for FREE to help you out – not many I assure you. Yes, we are unique and that’s what we want you to find out. We are committed to helping you grow your brand substantially through added-value products and services. That is what market leaders do, so let’s get started.
Innovation ROI is a leading up-front innovation consulting firm that has a combined 38 years of expertise collaborating with top corporate innovation teams to create incredible, actionable business—building ideas. You will get a Return On Insights through our Collision Point™ process, where INSIGHTS and IMAGINATION intersect to create powerful strategic ideas for success. Learn more about Innovation ROI at www.innovationroi.com.